So now you have your own car or you get to school by car the parents. In this article you will learn how to maintain the normal operation of car, be sure it is safe, and the use of transport if necessary.
Steps by step:
1. Make sure you and your vehicle are insured, so in a collision with a car or pedestrian protection, the insurance will cover the repairs and medical care. Keep a copy of the insurance in a safe place so that it is easy to find if you have lost the original or accidentally kicked him when cleaning up in the car.
Keep in mind, if you are faced with an expensive car, its repair can cost you about 2 million. Rubles. Make sure that the insurance will cover most of the repairs.
2. Make sure that all copies of the documents of the vehicle are in the car.
3. Make sure you have all the documents confirming serviceability of the vehicle (vehicle inspection and CO-norm).
4. Also, you can keep in your car maintenance manual. Some people keep their leadership in the other place, which may cause some problems if the car broke down on the road. Guidelines need to be stored in the car just in case you need to replace the tire, oil change or clean the radiator.
5. Learn how to check tire pressure and keep the pressure gauge is always in the car to check the tire pressure at least once a month. Overly inflated wheels can be the cause of many accidents, as the great possibility that the wheel fly off at the turning point.
6. Remember that the engine oil should be changed regularly. Read the manual for maintenance, how to do it. Many vehicles require an oil change every 5,000 kilometers.
7. Periodically change the air filters. Contaminated oil and air filters can cause dirt inside the engine, which can scratch the gear, which would entail increased wear and premature engine failure.
8. Change the wheel places every time the oil is changed. Rearrange the front wheel back and vice versa. This helps the tires wear evenly and extend the life by half.
9. Check the pressure in the spare wheel along with the main every month. The seasonal change in temperature can alter the pressure in the wheels.
10. Visually check the brake at least once a year. Brake pad wear as well as the shoe sole. Job pad wear can damage the brake disc. Even if the brakes operate effectively blocks may be too thin and can cause damage to the brake system at any time. Visually inspect the pads and the brake disc, scrolling wheel.
11. Learn how to check the level of all fluids in the vehicle systems for their own safety. Levels easily checked by opening the engine compartment.
2. Coolant / Antifreeze,
3. Transmission oil,
4. Brake fluid
5. Wiper Fluid. If the fluid level is low, add them to the desired level.
If the level continues to fall, check the system for leaks. Check the parking lot for any drops.
12. Learn how to change a wheel. Learn to use the jack and wheel wrench, which should be in your car. Thus, you can easily replace the wheel if it has damaged the road.
13. In case of an emergency keep in the car a few things. Think about what you may need if the car broke down, or you have an accident and do not want to wait for the help of 3 hours. What if you need to take a walk up to the house in the heat or rain. Here are some of the things:
- 2 liters of drinking water
- First aid kit
- Work lights
- Warm jacket
- Canvas 1.80 x 2.40 m
Rope – 15 meters (parachute sling)
- Approximately 1,000 rubles in cash
- If you live in areas with cold climates, especially in the cold season, you can also add:
Warm pants and underwear;
These items can be purchased at the sale.
14. Learn how to wash your car. Never wipe dry the car to avoid scratching the paint.
15. If you live in an area with a wet or snowy climate, you can put an old towel on the floor of the car to absorb the dirt and mud from your shoes. Periodically wash towel. Make sure that the towel did not prevent the gas pedal, brake and clutch.
16. Keep a folder where you will store the necessary documents for the car. Sign the folder in order to get her back in the car, if you find it outside your vehicle. The folder must have the following documents:
- Documents on the car (Sign expiry date documents)
- Documents about the technical condition of the vehicle
- Service Manual Car
17. Keep a folder between the passenger seat and the center console for easy access.